Thursday, June 19, 2008

This week's meals

I haven't posted my meal plans for a couple of weeks, so here's what's on the menu this week:

Sunday night for father's day we had kind of an expensive meal, my favorite fake-shrimp-and-tofu in black bean sauce recipe, veggie dumplings and rice. Total cost, probably around $12 or so. A lot for an at-home meal, but nothing compared to eating out! (Which we rarely do.)

Monday night DW made peanut noodles, also with tofu, and we used up some mung bean sprouts that were starting to darken.

Tuesday night I made tempeh jambalaya - tempeh, a can of tomatoes, spices and a cup of rice, simmered, green salad on the side.

During this week's shopping I bought 2 mangos, I don't know why, so Wednesday night was tofu with a mango-teriyaki sauce and rice noodles, frozen green beans on the side. I'm going to make mango salsa with the other one and eat it with drinks Saturday afternoon!

Tonight I think we're going out for a kid's musical performance, so we're having "Linda McCartney stew," which is rice and TVP and tomatoes baked. Very simple. We call it that because the recipe came out of LMcC's cookbook. (A household staple for us for many years, and available used for $1.98!)

I didn't make it to the farmer's market this week, mostly because I didn't really need anything, and also I'm trying to stay away from the salsa lady's table - her stuff is just too good!

No comments: